About the library
Concession Branch was first named the Mountain Branch. It opened in 1920 and was the first branch on Hamilton Mountain. After occupying storefront locations for a number of years, a permanent building at the corner of Concession Street and Cliff Avenue was opened in 1949. In 1991, the building was demolished and the current building opened in early 1992.