About the library
Dundas’ first circulating library was established in a storefront on Main Street in 1822 by William Lyon Mackenzie. It served the community for several decades. The Carnegie Library opened at King and Ogilvie streets in 1910, operating until 1970, when a new adult library opened a few doors away. The Carnegie Library continued to house a children’s library until 1979 when a new addition at the Ogilvie site finally allowed for the integration of both in the same building.
An extensive renovation at the branch in 2018 added an entrance ramp, outdoor area and additional public space. Today, the Dundas branch offers collections and learning programs for all ages and introduces new technologies and spaces to meet the needs of the community.
There is paid parking for the Dundas Branch behind the building, with access to the lot from Hatt Street and Miller's Lane. Parking here is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Parking is also available in front of the library and in the surrounding area.